Get Out the Vote!
Be sure you get your ballot in the mail by Tuesday, November 6th! Let your voice be heard!
Opportunity to Grant Wishes
Bothell High School Staff have shared some of their wishes for this school year. One need shared by Alex Zahajko, World Language teacher is for a scholastic periodical for intermediate and upper level Spanish.
32 (level 3) http://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/products/el-sol and 38 copies (level 2) http://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/products/ahora. 70 copies needed total (1 student will receive three issues, with one online exclusively). Price per student: $3.99.
Can you help with some or one of these needed books? Contact Kim Allsup if you are able to help at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-485-9993. Check out the BHS Staff Wish List to see other ways you might help.
Cougar Connection Submissions
The Cougar Connection weekly e-newsletter is put together and distributed by BHS PTSA. It is made up of submissions from a variety of groups, Bothell High staff, and outside entities. If you would like your group to be represented in the Cougar Connection or would like to make a submission, please fill out this form and submit an article. All submissions will be screened, are subject to editing, and will not automatically placed in the next Cougar Connection. Please contact CC@BHSPTSA.COM with questions or for more information.
Please note: We will not put out an edition during the upcoming long weekend.
Canned Food Drive for DECA
BHS DECA is hosting a canned food drive for Hopelink, an organization that provides food for less fortunate people. This is a competition between 2nd period classes, so please encourage your students to participate! DECA will be hosting this drive from Nov. 5 – Nov. 16. Please give generously!
Financial Aid Night
Financial Aid Night will be held on November 5th at 7pm in the Northshore Performing Arts Center at Bothell High School. This presentation will be useful for any parent hoping to send their student(s) to college and are interested in finding out more about financial aid and scholarships.
Loss of Bothell’s Resource Officer
Bothell High School will lose long time School Resource Officer, Louise Muro, in December 2012. The Northshore School District has decided they do not wish to continue with this position of SRO at Bothell High School. Skyview and Canyon Park are also without the presence of an SRO (school resource officer) for the 2012-13 school year. See the following article written by James Allsup for the Catamount Newspaper.
Concerns or questions should be addressed to Northshore’s School Board at email@example.com or to Leanna Albrecht, Director of Communications, 425-408-7671 firstname.lastname@example.org; and/or Dick Anastasi, Executive Director of Business Services, 425-408-7631 email@example.com.
Credit Retrieval Classes
Northshore School District is offering after school credit retrieval classes in Algebra, Geometry, English, World History, US History, WA History, Physical Science, and Contemporary National World Issues beginning November 5th and ending December 10th. Additionally, online health will be offered for any student that needs this class. Each class costs $175.00. Click here
for more information or contact your BHS counselor. Registration for this closes on November 4th and students must get their counselor’s signature to take one of these classes.
Special Education Parent/Professional Advisory Council (SEPAC)
SEPAC Presentation: Struggling Learner – Part 2
Wed, Nov 28th 7:00-9:00 PM @ NSD Admin Center
Need info about SEPAC? www.sepacnsd.org Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The BHS Music Boosters are running a contest for spirit gear design. We are looking for a design that represents all parts of the BHS Music program (vocal, band and orchestra). The student who submits the winning design will win a $25.00 iTunes gift card and a free shirt with the design. Designs must be submitted by Friday, Nov 16. Information about the contest can be found on the BHS Music Booster Website or on the attached document. Contact Betsy Christensen with questions. 425-402-6612 or email@example.com
- Watch for wreath sale info from vocal students soon!
- Mark your calendar for the November Music Booster meeting – Wednesday, November 14th in the choir room from 6:00 – 7:00 PM
- BHS Jazz co-hosts Northshore Jazz Festival – Saturday, November 17th – all day in the NPAC.
- Holiday Concerts: Wednesday, December 5th (Vocal) & Thursday, December 6th (Instrumental)
Welcome to New BHS Counseling Office Manager
Donna Jackson, Counselor Office Manager, retired this week after 16 years of service to Bothell High School. Donna Jackson will be missed and we wish her the best in her new adventures! We welcome our new Counseling Office Manager, Beth Schoen, who comes to us from SAS. We know she will be a great addition to our Counseling Office!
- $2500 scholarship available for College or University bound seniors. All you need to do is write a 250 word essay answering the question “How has travel supported your learning and personal growth.” Deadline is November 9th. See Mr. Dawson in the Counseling Office or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Parents of Graduating Seniors (POGS): If you have questions about the party please check out our FAQ’s page. Contact Tracy Bickhaus for more information at email@example.com or 206-310-1398.
- Seniors, if you haven’t had a Dorian Studio Senior Yearbook picture taken or if you haven’t turned in a picture by Nov 15 that you took on your own (no other professional photography is accepted), we will use your Student ID picture. Email Mr. Eickhoff, BHS yearbook advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 425-408-7105, if you have questions.
- Cookie dough sales for seniors started on Nov. 1st and will be due Wednesday Nov. 14th! If your senior hasn’t talked to you about this yet, be sure they get their cookie dough packet from their second period teacher right away.
- Upcoming surrounding area college/university visits (all located in the BHS Career Center).
11/5 – Gonzaga University, 8:15 am
11/6 – Washington State University, 10:30 am
11/7 – Cascadia Community College, 9:15 am
11/13 – Cornish College of the Arts, 8:15 am
11/14 – Western Washington University, 9:15 am
11/6 – Washington State University, 10:30 am
Sports at a Glance
Congratulations to Stephenie Spencer and Charlie Barringer who competed at the State Cross Country meet this weekend in Pasco. You made Bothell proud!
The following swimmers will be continuing on to Districts: Anna Korn, Stephanie Bultman, Emily Anthony, Kaiya Knight, Riley Lium, Abby Korn and Colleen Byrne. All the divers qualified for Districts, but we can only compete four: Marquesa Dixon, Addie Thompson, Lauren Czerwonka, and Taryn Harris. Marquesa achieved her State Qualifying dive score of 339. Our team was voted Best Team Sportsmanship for our League in KingCo. Way to go Swim and Dive! Go Cougs!
Those winter athletes that have not yet turned in their sports packets, need to get their winter sport packets filled out and turned in immediately! If they played a fall sport, they need only complete the guidelines for the winter sport AND the concussion form. Check with N. Murray to confirm that their physical is good for the season. Do fill out the packet carefully and completely! Don’t delay.